Laguna Milagros, Mexico
Also known as: Lagoon of Miracles
Welcome to the ultimate guide to Laguna Milagros — things to do, where to stay, fun facts, history, stats and more. Let’s dive in!
Topics we cover in this article:
- All About Laguna Milagros
- Things to Do
- Fish Species
- Where to Stay
- Vacation Planning Tools
- Laguna Milagros Map
- Statistics / Weather / Helpful Links
- Shop Laguna Milagros Gifts
Looking for Laguna Milagros cabins or other accommodations? Save time and use this interactive map to find, compare and book at the best rates. Or explore our comprehensive list of favorite travel partners.
All About Laguna Milagros
Laguna Milagros, the Lagoon of Miracles, is located on the south side of Highway 186, in the town of Huay Pix, 12 kilometers west of Chetumal, Quintana Roo. (Coordinates: 18 degrees 30 minutes 50.98 seconds N, 88 degrees 25 minutes 27.29 seconds W).
Laguna Milagros is a smaller sister of Laguna Bacalar in terms of size, but equally stunning in terms of beauty. Streams connect this lake to other lakes, as well as the Rio Hondo. This lake varies between oligotrophic and mesotrophic as it is fed by underground springs as well as shore run-off. The season dictates its color.
The southern shores of Laguna Milagros are largely untouched jungle with an abundance of bird life. The town of Huay Pix occupies a section of the northern shore, although waterfront development is limited. There is little commercial development around the perimeter of Laguna Milagros.
Sailing, kayaking and swimming are main leisure activities in this turquoise lake. The surrounding area is quickly developing into a tourist destination and an ex-pat retirement community.
Things to Do at Laguna Milagros
- Vacation Rentals
Find Places to Stay at Laguna Milagros
If you’re considering a Laguna Milagros lake house rental or hotel, we’ve made it super easy to find the best rates and compare vacation accommodations at a glance. Save time using this interactive map below.
Recommended Sites to Book a Laguna Milagros Vacation
If you want to take a deeper dive to find waterfront lake cabins, cottages, condos, hotels or resorts, check out our favorite Laguna Milagros lodging partners.
- VRBO – Use VRBO to find the perfect lake rental home, condo, cabin, cottage or other vacation property.
- Booking.com – One of the world’s leading digital travel companies, Booking.com connects travelers to everything from cozy B&Bs to luxury resorts.
- Expedia – Expedia is a popular online travel agency with more than 140,000 lodging properties worldwide.
- Hotels.com – With more than 325,000 hotels in 19,000-plus locations, Hotels.com is an industry leader in online accommodations.
- TripAdvisor – Read traveler reviews and compare prices on hotels, vacation rentals and more at TripAdvisor.
- Trivago – Trivago helps travelers compare deals for hotels and other accommodations from a variety of booking sites.
- KAYAK – KAYAK scours hundreds of other travel websites at once to find the best deals on hotels and other travel-related services.
- RVshare –RVshare connects travelers interested in renting a motorhome with owners who have RVs to rent.
- CampSpot – Campspot offers premier RV resorts, family campgrounds, cabins and glamping options across North America.
Note: These are affiliate links so we may earn a small commission if you book through them. While there is no extra cost to you, it helps provide resources to keep our site running (thank you)! You can read our full disclosure policy here.
Laguna Milagros Statistics & Helpful Links
Lake Type: Natural Freshwater Lake, Not Dammed
Shoreline Length: 7 miles
Normal Elevation (Full Pond): 10 feet
Minimum Elevation (Min Pond): 10 feet
Maximum Elevation (Max Pond): 10 feet
Average Depth: 25 feet
Maximum Depth: 60 feet
Lake Area-Population: 200
Trophic State: Mesotrophic
We strive to keep the information on LakeLubbers as accurate as possible. However, if you’ve found something in this article that needs updating, we’d certainly love to hear from you! Please fill out our Content Correction form.
Shop Laguna Milagros Gifts
Advertise Your Laguna Milagros Business or Vacation Rental
LakeLubbers will soon offer businesses the opportunity to advertise and homeowners and property managers the ability to showcase their vacation rentals to the thousands of lake lovers searching our site daily. If you would like additional details, please contact our advertising team.
Looking for the Laguna Milagros Forum?
LakeLubbers previously offered visitors the ability to create accounts and participate in lake forums. When we overhauled the site’s content management system in 2021 we had to disable those features. We’re evaluating options and welcome your comments and feedback here. We also encourage you to join our lake-lovin’ community on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
Laguna Milagros Photo Gallery
New photos coming soon!
Spread the word! Share our Laguna Milagros article with your fellow Lake Lubbers!